Thursday, February 2, 2012


1 out of every 100 babies in born with a heart defect, and February is National Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Month.

Hailey and Liam are participating in a Jump Rope for the Heart Fundraiser to benefit children with heart conditions.
They have been wanting to do something to "help" Britta throughout this entire ordeal and they are SO excited about raising money and awareness to help other children with heart defects and problems like their baby sister.


Please consider donating to help them reach their goal, or forward on to others to help spread awareness!
Thanks so much!

In other news, Britta had her stitches taken out today (hated it), and she had her RA line (the big one) taken out as well (hated it even more). She took about 40cc's each time she ate from a bottle today, but she did throw up a good bit as well.

Sooo, we are a bit stuck right now.

The good news is, she went from having all of these lines...

to just having a pulse ox and her heart rate monitors. Yay!

Since they've taken out her lines, we are finally able to REALLY hold her. (it was very difficult to hold her with her RA line in, she had very little slack and it made me so nervous that I would pull it wrong...)



6 comments:

  1. Every step is a step toward healing, and she is making progress! I will say some prayers for her eating issues to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very happy for you that you are able to hold her now. Horray for little steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sounds like such a wonderful day...she is doing so well. Yaaaay Britta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it so great when the little ones start getting "disconnected" from everything?? Praying you'll be home soon!
    Love from Kansas, Beth & Violet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steph,
    I just wanted you to know that I donated some money to your cause through Cupids blog. Your story touched my heart like not many have in my life. My younger sister what born with a heart defect and went through so many surgeries from birth on. I really do believe those that have to go through so much at such a young age are very special spirits (as I'm sure you know).
    My heartfelt prayers go out to you and your family. I look forward to reading about the day you get to take your little one home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't thank you enough for your kind words and support! Thank you so, so much! :)

      Delete