This is a picture of an 8-week-old baby.This is a picture of a 6.5lb baby.
This is a picture of a baby with Congenital Heart Disease.
This is a picture of a baby who underwent intricate open heart surgery at 3 weeks old, heart bypass, countless blood transfusions, more meds than most adults, being hooked up to a pacemaker, a ventilator and many, many other machines.
This is a picture of a baby who spent almost 5 weeks in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit.
This is a picture of a baby who has felt love and support from all over the world-- from people she'll likely never meet.
This is a picture of a fighter.
......
........
..........
This is a picture of a baby who is now back HOME....
Oh, how wonderful for you and your family!!! I'm so so so happy for you that Britta is home!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Britta is doing well. BTW, is the fundraiser over? I grabbed the widget for my blog and then noticed that it said the fundraiser is over once it was installed.
ReplyDeleteYes ma'am, the fundraiser that my friend Shellie set up ended on the 3rd. Thank you so much for thinking of her! :)
DeleteLove you all and am so glad she's home!!!
ReplyDeleteAw heck yes! She is a fighter! God bless that little girl!
ReplyDeleteOh man. I am totally crying. I am so happy Baby Britta got to come home to be with her family. I'm sure her siblings are so happy.
ReplyDeleteKeeping you guys in my payers!
you're so completely awesome! thank you! :)
DeleteFighting back tears here too :) Welcome home babygirl!! <3
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO SO SO SO SO THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAwww! I'm so happy for you all that she's back home! You are all in my thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeleteYIPPEE! So excited that your family is together again! I've been home with my Violet for almost a week now and I still wake up each night thinking I'm in the hospital...maybe I need some of Violet's detox meds for my PTSD! I'm not sure if you knew or not, but my now-4-year-old had open heart surgery when he was 3 weeks old for transposition of the great arteries. I think he was 3 months old before he made it back to his birth weight. But he hasn't looked back since then!! God has amazing things planned for your little Britta. Congrats on making it through this experience!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds dramatic, but I really think I have some sort of PTSD. Keeps me up at night!
DeleteThank you for all of the support! Hope Violet continues to do well!! :)
Congratulations on having your little angel back home! I heard of your story & donated through cupids lit connection. I, too, am a writer & mom & can't even comprehend what you are going through. Britta & your family will be in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteMy friend's son was born with a CHD & has had several surgeries - he's now 4. Like Britta, he's a fighter. She started Heart Heroes - www.heartherocapes.com - a nonprofit that sends customized super-hero capes to CHD kids, recognizes those kids for their bravery, & promotes pediatric CHD awareness. If you're interested you can add Britta's name to the waiting list for her own cape!
I wish Britta & you all the best!
Thank you so, so much for your support and generosity. We are so overwhelmed by the amazing people we've encountered since B was diagnosed. It has literally changed our lives.
DeleteA friend of mine mentioned Heart Heroes a while back, I *think* she signed Britta up! What a neat organization! So glad her son is doing so well!
YAY!!! That is sooo awesome. And of course you would have a little PTSD ... what a trauma you went through. Wishing you and Britta well.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! This makes me OVERJOYED! I've been thinking and praying for you guys and I'm so happy your baby is back home. What a fighter!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Steph & Family!!! I'm another BBC Feb 2003 Mommy who has been following your journey! I am so happy for you! Your little Britta is an amazing little girl!
ReplyDelete