We've started getting EOB's in from her first day of treatment. Prior to even being airlifted. I don't know whether to stroke out or just laugh when I open them. ;) Britta is okay, and that is truly all that matters. We know that, and are grateful for all of the amazing care that she received.

Britta met her grand-grandmother today for the first time. I wish I had thought to take a picture, but I was so nervous I forgot. Not nervous because I don't trust Grannie with the baby or anything like that, I just don't want to pass her off to anyone right now. I know that sounds selfish and ridiculous, but it is really difficult to let her go, even for a minute. I have become a total "hoverer" when it comes to B. I want her with me 24/7 and leaving her today with her grandparents and great-grandmother, even though it was just an hour was very, very hard for me.

Still, we are settling in with our family of 6. Does anyone else out there have 4 kids? If so, how the heck to you manage it?? Maybe it's the close ages of Britta and Finn, I don't know, but I am really struggling to find a routine we can all live with...
I continue to be amazed, humbled and grateful to all of you that have offered your help, support and prayers over the last couple of months. We are beyond blessed to have each and everyone of you in our corner.
Love to you all,
S-
I have not commented in a while, but I still think of you daily and my girl Gina (2) loves to look at pictures of Britta. I have 4 and it can get busy, but it is so rewarding! Laundry seems to be my biggest challenge :) Britta is amazing as I am sure the other 3 are as well. Britta will get bigger and stronger and you will find routines that work. For now, do what you need to do.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for keeping us updated. Tears of joy flow every time I look at those pictures of Britta. I love you.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to hear that your sweet Britta is doing better.
ReplyDelete