We had a great lunch at SLICE, then the in-laws went to spend the day with Britta at the hospital while Chris and I took the other kids to the Audubon Zoo. It was PERFECT weather and all of the kids had such a great time. The kids call Britta "Squirrelly" and Hailey found her a stuffed squirrel at the zoo. She insisted on getting it for her, and herself a matching one. :)

The kids were tired after a long day of travel and running around, so I curled up with Finny and watched Toy Story until he fell asleep. I got to hold him all night long.
Good-byes are always hard, though and my sweet Hailey had such a rough time the next day. I plan on going to get them next weekend since they will have a long weekend and having them for three days. Can't tell you how excited I am about that, and I know they are too!
I hope you all had a great weekend as well!
Love that Hailey got herself a matching squirrel. What a sweet big sis.
ReplyDelete