I miss my kids.
Its insanely difficult to be with one of your children, sitting by helpless to do anything to comfort them, and have the other three away from you- being cared for by someone else, and feeling like an outsider in your own childrens lives. Ugh. I cant wait for this nightmare to end. Its wearing on me. Breaking my heart daily.
Britta is not doing so hot the last couple of days. Theyve stopped trying to bottle feed her altogether for now due to the vomiting, though she was doing well with the bottle and the vomiting has actually gotten worse.
They did an Upper GI test yesterday afternoon and it showed no reflux issues. So they stopped her bottle feeds indef after that until they are able to determine the cause of the vomiting. She still has a feeding tube going to her intestinrs but i am so frustrated that she is once again, not able to bottle feed and we will eventually have to start over with that.
She is continuing to vomit frequently. Pure bile. When we were visiting with her yesterday evening for about 2 hours, she threw up four times. This morning, within about 1 hour, shes vomited another 4 times. That isnt including all of the times when we arent here. She is getting another blood transfusion while We are waiting on a GI consult that they ordered yesterday afternoon. It cant come soon enough. Im really starting to worry about her...
Steph...I wish I could give you a real hug...but I will have to send you this virtual one instead...{{{HUGS}}}. My heart breaks for you. You have to feel helpless, fustrated...but know that with every passing day, you are one day closer to bringing her home than you were yesterday. She has survived this heart surgery...she will conquer this GI problem too! We are still praying for you...we won't stop till she is home!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the continued prayers and support, Jen. You have been such an amazing friend through all of this!
DeleteContinued prayers that the doctors will get to the bottom of whatever is making Britta vomit so much and you can all be together as a family soon.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't even imagine what you're going through. I pray that God watches over the doctors and Britta so that they will figure out this GI problem.
ReplyDeleteOh sweets, I am so sorry that you are going through all of this and that your tiny baby has to fight so hard. (((hug)))
ReplyDelete(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) Steph, wish there was more I could offer. Little Britta remains in my thoughts and prayers... I understand how frustrating this whole process is. :(
ReplyDeleteShe continues to be in my thoughts and prayers. Poor sweetpea. :(
ReplyDeletePoor little squirrel :( I am so sorry that any of you have to feel this pain.(((BIG HUG))) I love you.
ReplyDeleteI wish there was some way for us to make this better. I am so, so sorry you're hurting and I pray for baby Britta.
ReplyDeleteHUGE hug. So sorry. And it has to feel so much worse being disconnected from the rest of your family.
ReplyDeleteSteph, I can't even imagine how difficult it must be. Kenny was burned by my cup of hot tea when he was a year old, and I remember how heartbreaking it was to see him in pain and have to put him in the hands of medical personnel. That was so little compared to what you guys and Britta are going through. I am praying for all of you. Love you.
ReplyDeleteContinued love and prayers for you all. Love you and wish there was something more I could do to help you and baby B.
ReplyDelete