She continued to throw up throughout the night and early morning (though not nearly as often-- it had been several times an hour, last night/early this morning she was only vomiting every 3 hours or so). This morning, they moved her feeding tube from her intestines to her stomach and she began throwing up food rather than bile. I know this is isn't desirable, since the food is no longer going straight to digestion and she is vomiting, it can throw her electrolytes out of whack, but I'm also glad she isn't throwing up those huge amounts of bile anymore, either, we all know how miserable that can be!
By this afternoon she had gone over 4 hours without throwing up, and *fingers crossed* SO FAR, she hasn't thrown up her last feeding at all.
We are SO encouraged and happy with her continued fight to get well. They have said that her feeding is the final thing to address before she can go home. As soon as she is eating well from a bottle and gaining weight, she will be set to discharge! (Assuming no other issues arise.)
The best part of today? I got to hold my little girl for the first time in just about a month. Pure bliss.
Oh, Steph, wow. I am sending up so many prayers for Britta and you and your family. While I cannot begin to fathom how drained you must be, I do hope that the prayers and good wishes from others will help you keep going. Hang in there, Little Britta!
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah,
DeleteI can't even explain how much the comments, prayers, FB messages and the like keep me going on the bad or frustrating days. Truly, the outpouring of support for Britta and our family is so humbling and amazing! Thank you! :)
AAHHHHHHHHHHHH!! This news has made my day. So happy she has kept her bottle down. TOTAL JOY.
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord! I am so glad you got to snuggle your angel!
ReplyDeleteContinued prayers for you and your family. I think about Britta a LOT! Positive vibes going your way!
ReplyDeleteHoping the pukies stayed away. Bet she loved having her mama hold her. Yaaaaay
ReplyDeleteHi Steph, thanks for your prayers for our Violet. I'll definitely add your Britta to my prayer list as well. Reading through your blog, it looks like we have had some very similar experiences. This is certainly NO FUN, and I too can't wait to get home to my boys!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you can hold Britta close after all this time! I hope the rest of the weekend brought even more good news!
ReplyDelete